Episode #53 of the International NOTEFLIX production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Flashback! As you know our hero, the Bluebird of Happiness only has eyes for Mamzelle Pinkie (see above). But due to other worldly concerns this courtship must be put on hold for the time-being. ( See more mid-post)
I’M TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG; BUT I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE NOW. (Thoughts from the Lock-down)
- A Truism: There is nothing more noisy than your spouse doing chores and trying to keep quiet when you are trying to take a nap.
- Before the COVID-19 Pandemic, I read that sink holes were growing unexplainedly. I wonder if anybody is doing anything about this now – or are the holes continuing to grow – and when will they stop? Are the sink hole people shut-in, too?
- I never liked science in school. It took a lot to get a ‘C’. We had to do the same experiment three times and the end result had to match every time – in order for whatever we were doing to be proven a fact – something like that. I still do not like science and its methods; but I know it is good for me, nonetheless. I wonder about people who do not agree with the scientific approach to proofs and if I can live safely with them – and if they will ever learn, or if I can learn to tolerate them. (Science tells me we are 90% water (or thereabouts). I have trouble accepting that. I don’t see that much water in me.XXXXX Also, I believe water is cosmic dust from the Milky Way and we are children of the stars. Science is not with me on this. But they have it right on Climate Change, Global Pandemics and the fact that guns kill people. I give them that. If I can get along with Science – I think the 50% of Americans who don’t, ought to try harder.
“Troubles…” update cont’d: So, due to safety and societal concerns our couple must keep its Social Distance – for now. Mamzelle Pinkie and The Bluebird of Happiness must set a good example to their admirers. The Bluebird does not like this one bit. (But wait, there is more below)
- So, I had a dream the other day, when I was trying to take a nap. (Generally, I dislike it when people tell me their dreams. They are usually un-understandable and boring. Realizing mine might fall into the same category, I tread fearlessly forward.) In my dream I went to Heaven and was shocked at what I saw there: You can take it with you! All the stuff you got down here, goes up there with you. So, it is true to some extent, the guy with the most toys – wins up there in the after-all. (King Tut has over 1,100 canes. He had rickets from too much inbreeding and it hurt him to walk. Of course, you knew that.) Some souls have many homes up there, big yachts, helicopters and even a golf-course or two. The problem with all that stuff is there is no water to float the boat on, or air to fly the helicopter in, or land to put your mansions on. All the stuff is just stuff and you don’t even have fingers to hold onto a nine iron to play golf because you are just a ball of fluff made out of stuff from the Milky Way. Perhaps it wasn’t Heaven I went to, maybe I took a wrong turn and ended up in the other place. …and then I woke up because I heard someone opening a can of cat food in the kitchen.
And now, a few ‘One-Liners’ from the Silver Screen (relevant to todays real world):
- “Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain” -Wizard of Oz
- “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.” -Cool Hand Luke
- “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” -Back To The future
Bonus update & photo: Pablo the smuggler of unwanted stuffed animals has found yet more creatures to bring into the Hairy Pig Queen’s gentle domain. But how can he do this with everybody shut-in and taking care of themselves and no one to be of help to others?