Update on NOTEFLIX’s “Troubles in the Garden”: Mamzelle Pinkie is caught, taking a Hot Chocolate break at a local caffe. You will note the ceramic cup and the tail end of a spoon on the saucer. All this will be discussed in greater detail in the writing below.
NEWS: OLD and NEW, GOOD and BAD
- SOLAR TANTRUMS: I read where SOLAR TANTRUMS are the next thing to worry about. Some scientists are saying there is a high probability the sun is about to throw out some flares. This is not good. A flare, a geo-magnetic blob of a tangle of plasma and magnetic fields, could easily release the energy equivalent of 10 billion one megaton bombs. This could destroy all our social media platforms, power stations, cell-phone capabilities and even have disastrous effects on the tides, resulting in more flows than ebbs. In 1859 the sun threw a flare which was named ‘The Carrington Effect’. It caused all kinds of problems; and that was before computers and smart phones and such. If you are looking at the sun (which is not a good idea) and you see a flare, you have 20 minutes to do something about it. The good news here is: Man is not responsible for creating this problem. So, it is not our fault.
- THE SCIENTIFIC CABAL is a group of scientists (heretofore, nobody knew they were) claiming there is such a thing as Climate Change’ – and that man has something to do with it. Well, now the Nobel Prize people have identified and named and given a prize to three of them. An American, a German, and an Italian have been working in this ”Cabal” for 60 years. The Nobel Prize is worth millions of dollars to the recipients, so their work in the ‘Cabal” has, at long last paid off.
- THE MOON and THEN SOME: It has been postulated our moon (which is moving away from Earth at the terrifying speed of one inch per year) was created by a melding of asteroids and other space materials, colliding into one huge ball. It is hard to know what to believe these days, so we might as well go with this theory. Anyway, this gives me an idea: We have put into the outer orbits over 500,000 pieces of ‘Space Debris’, which are orbiting the earth faster than a speeding bullet. These pieces could hit – and destroy – the space craft of our fun loving billionaire astronauts and prevent them from exiting our stratosphere safely. I suggest, or imagine, we invent some kind of magnetic force which would compel all these pieces to collide into each other and form a small, avoidable ball, which would orbit the earth in a predictable pattern. If this were accomplished, our Billionaires could feel safe to flee our planet. And we would have a new moon type thing to look at; one which is not moving away from us one inch a year. We could even have a world wide ‘Name the Man-Made Moon’ contest. It would be fun. It has been said, “If man can imagine it, man can make it.” So, I’ve imagined it. Now we need another person to make it happen.
The rodent MATHUZALA, presents his Guest Column:
- In many ways, yours is a ‘Crime Based’ Economy. Imagine what would happen if you could trust each other. No keys, to lock up your stuff: No locksmiths. Nobody stealing from stores. No Cameras or Guards. No need for police. Or prisons. No need for Bank deposit boxes…millions of jobs gone, yes; but a happier and safer society.
- We rats do not steal from each other. Your scientists have done many studies on us; it is time you study yourselves. We have observed you for many millennia – and we have much to tell you.
If you want to know more about MATHUZALA and his Utopian view – please go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble and buy “THE RAT PAPERS”.
NOTES FROM TUSCANY:
- There are many things to talk about…such as Coffee and how it is presented over here, versus back home. The local caffe is still serving coffee in ceramic or glass cups, with saucers. (“Take Away” is rare and only then would you get a cardboard cup & lid). If you order your coffee at the counter you probably will be charged less than if you sat at a table and had a waiter to bring it to you – unless you were a ‘Local’ at the table. The price to the ‘Local’ can vary; depending. If you order an espresso, you will get an espresso sized spoon on the saucer. If you order a cappuccino, you would get a slightly larger spoon. In either case, you would not get a plastic spoon. It is amazing how quickly you can adjust to these odd ways of being served coffee. All in all, the coffee experience here is a good one. We will report more on this topic in later posts.
See Below an aerial view photo of this morning’s cappuccino:
Please note: Glass cup, Ceramic saucer, Cappuccino sized spoon…all presented by Fabbio…what did your coffee look like this morning?
A few quotes:
- “The debate’s over. The people who dispute the international consensus on global warming are in the same category now with the people who think the moon landing was staged on a movie lot in Arizona.” -Al Gore
- “Man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.” -Sen. James Inhofe, (R-OK)
- “Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?” -Albert Camus
- “Coffee: the favorite drink of the civilized world.” -Thomas Jefferson (But Jefferson did not envision it would come in a cardboard cup and accompany the downfall of the great Democratic Experiment.)