Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Remember last week we lost our hero, The Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness? Well, he had an air-tag attached to a wing and we found him. He was lost in the Great Azalea Jungle (See him down in the pot ). He has been a bit stupefied by the perfume of the place…and since he is prone to neither toil nor work, he has been slow to leave the place of extreme beauty. But soon he will be re-joining our cast and filming will continue apace. Come back next week for more action.
THOUGHTS I”VE HAD WHILE I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING ELSE:
- I’ve noticed when a man claims he is doing what God told him to do – he is up to no good. Why is that?
- I have noticed it is usually male, single Geeks, who do the leaking…Family men don’t leak. Makes sense, I guess. I would have done the leaking in most cases I’ve read about; but I did not know how.
- I read they have found there were butterflies before there were plants. This is ridiculous, of course; but it rivals the Chicken and Egg question. Then the poor butterfly gets mixed up in the ‘Chaos Theory’ where it flaps its wings in some part of the world and those flaps could eventually induce a hurricane somewhere else. I’m thinking this could be a metaphor for Humans flapping their mouths and causing huge problems elsewhere. How different we humans are from the butterfly in that the butterfly starts off as an unattractive wormy kind of thing and goes through a transformation and becomes beautiful…Whereas we humans…
- I came to a conclusion the other day: Acting Rationally is only good to do if you know what is true. Otherwise, acting Rationally can be terribly misguided and can cause great harm, i.e., if Real Estate always goes up – then it is Rational to Buy, Buy, Buy. But if the “if” clause were not true and Real Estate values could go down – you could Lose, Lose, Lose, Lose. If you look at the wrong weather forecast and you do not see the tornado coming your way, and then you went to the golf course thinking it was a beautiful day, you could blow away. History, I realize, is replete with ‘Insane Acts’ by people who were acting ‘Rationally’, but were misinformed. Knowledge is key. But I hear knowledge is hard to come by. And not Politically Correct much of the time.
- Here are a few questions you probably have not been thinking about lately: 1) Do the Barbarians at the Gate have the right to go inside the Gate, just because they are more educated and have better ‘Skill Sets’ than those inside the gate? 2) Do you think the Barbarians are already inside the Gate and should go outside and tell everybody else how to do things? 3) Was everybody once a Barbarian in the first place?
And now a few words from our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist MATHUZALA
- “The distance of the Horizon, at sea level, is 2 1/2 miles, if you are 5 feet tall.We rats average about 4 inches in height, give or take. This means our Horizon line is not three football fields away. We see things up close and we specialize in them. You look at things far away and, as often as not, do not handle what is right in front of your noses. That is why we are winning the day.
If you want to know more about MATHUZALA and his ‘Winnings’ and his perspective, go to AMAZON or Barnes & Noble and buy the “THE RAT PAPERS”
NOTES FROM TUSCANY
Today, in our Piazza – the Annual Flower Market.
It is good!
Some relevant Quotes:
- “It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.” -The Mad Hatter, “Alice in Wonderland”, -Lewis Carroll, late 1890’s
- “Justice will not come to Athens until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured.” -Thucydides, circa 400 bc.
- “I see the bad moon arising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightning
I see bad times today” -John Fogerty, “Bad Moon Rising”, 1969
- “Everything is going to be alright, Rockabye” -Shawn Mullins, 2009
That’s it for this week – and a fond “Hello” to Jim B. …we know where you are.