Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Our Script writers are on Strike! And our Photographer has gone out with them in sympathy. The above photo was taken by a rank amateur. Our Hero, the Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness, and his true love, Mamzelle Pinkie are waiting for their next act. Bork, the Angry Purple Slug, or whatever he is, does not even know who to dislike. If our Scriptwriters had submitted something for us, it most likely would have dealt with the ‘Slo-Food’ market seen behind the members of our cast. We will not negotiate with the writers because writers are a dime a dozen…as you have may have noticed if you have watched any shows on TV lately.
- RECENT STUDIES, TOPICS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: *There are record sales of Sleeping Pills in U.S. *The new Diets do not work. The only diet which works is: Counting Calories; but it is too hard to do. *The Mental & Physical health of the Homeless is worse than imagined. (Who is imagining?) *There are two types of Ear Wax: Europeans, which is “Wet” & Japanese, which is “Dry”. *Student Debt is the Second largest form of Debt in the U.S. (Mortgages being first) People carry their education debt well into middle-age and beyond. Borrowers ages 35 to 49 owe more than $620 billion in student loans. This cohort has the highest number of borrowers who owe more than $100,000 in loans. Some say this debt is a form of keeping workers as ‘indentured’. Maybe this topic should be placed in the upper paragraph. *In 1990 450,000 people worked in the Newspaper trade. In 2016 the figure was 173,000…last year it was under 133,000. * if you are more than 3 feet away from the average fruit fly – it cannot see you.
- THE CLOUD: The Cloud’s data reveals the best predictor of what you are going to do is based on: Where you are, where you have been, what you have done, what you are doing, and what you have bought. All this is more important than what you have “Searched” for (out of curiosity, or personal interests)o n the Internet So that is why the Corporate world needs to look into your activities. (aka: Spy on you).
And now a few words from MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist and central character in the (non) Best Selling Memoir “THE RAT PAPERS” -available wherever you buy books.
- “People have to be licensed to: Cut hair, Give a Manicure, Teach Pilates, Apply tattoos. Why all the licensing? Do you not trust each other – even to cut nails, cut hair? We rats trust we will do the right thing to one another. Humans have made many studies on us…they should study themselves and find out how best to treat one another. It is likely, however, it will be required to have a license to conduct such studies.
Ed.Note: If you want to know about the Studies scientists have made on MATHUZALA, buy “THE RAT PAPERS” – anywhere you buy books.
Notes From Tuscany:
We are having a ‘Slow Food’ festa this weekend in our piazza. This is a celebration of food – as it was – and should be. Small producers of Sauces, Cheeses, Pastas, Breads, oils and more come to town to show their offerings. The pictures below will tell you what we mean.
Quotes not related to anything in particular:
- “When in doubt have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.” -Raymond Chandler…( Chandler meant this to be advice to writers, not to the NRA and their ilk.)
- “The secret of a Demagogue is to make himself as stupid as his audience so that they believe they are as clever as he.’ -Karl Kraus
That’s it for this week…and a fond “Hello” to Glenda, wherever she may be…