Note from NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Who would you take your information from? Who would you believe? The Owl? Because you have been told Owls are wise? Or Bork, the Angry Purple Slug, because he always takes the Contrarian’s point of view? Or, The Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness, because he is our hero and is always nice? Or, Mamzelle Pinkie, because it has been recently found that females are smarter than males? Or, Mortimer, because he is such a good teacher, even though he looks – and sounds – dumber than dumb? Or, the Human looking thing in the background, because he has a reasoning brain? It is difficult to choose correctly. Is it not?
WORDS TO KEEP YOU ‘AU COURANT’ Below, are words which have appeared in articles I have read in the past few weeks, some of which left me dazed and confused.
- POST TRUTH: Relating to a situation in which people are more likely to accept an argument based on their emotions, beliefs and what is wanted to be believed rather than one based on facts. Example of which: “I don’t wanna’ believe man has caused Climate Change – so, I won’t believe it, no matter what evidence you give me.” Are we in a POST TRUTH Era?)
- MISINFORMATION: False, inaccurate, or misleading information. Examples of misinformation are false rumors, false gossip, and misleading use of facts – not deliberately misconstrued.
- DISINFORMATION: False information that is spread deliberately to deceive. It is also known as propaganda. and is often appealing. It is sometimes confused with MISINFORMATION which is false information; but is not deliberate.
- MISUNDERSTANDING: A failure to understand. (This can be caused by all the words defined above.)
- WOKE: Defined as: “Alert to injustice and discrimination in society.” (I hear some of our ‘Leaders’ consider being ‘WOKE‘ a weakness of some kind. They either have been DISINFORMED of the meaning of the word, or I MISUNDERSTAND everything.)
- VIRAL LOAD: How much of a virus is present in your body is the measure of your VIRAL LOAD. I’m surprised this term has not degraded into being used by politicians for insulting one another, as in: “He’s a walking max’d out pile of VIRAL LOAD“. If you see or hear this in the real world – I want credit.)
- SPACIAL COMPUTING: (This one is especially either confusing, or opaque – read at your peril) “…is broadly synonymous with extended reality (XR), an umbrella term for virtual, augmented, and mixed reality. However, the term spatial computing highlights the way in which, in XR, the 3D space around you is the canvas for a user interface.” (Do people really write like this? You bet they do, and SPACIAL COMPUTING is the current ‘Big Thing’…remember a short while ago the ‘Big Thing’ was 5G? Well, 5G is just a small part of SPACIAL COMPUTING….Billions of dollars – real and virtual – have been invested in this already, and if you do not climb on board you will be beyond FOMO and that is the PRE TRUTH – and you will be treated by the Nex-Gen’rs as if you had had a VIRAL LOAD. Do not MISUNDERSTAND what we say here.)
- DIGITAL YACHT: The “Metaflower Mega Yacht” – A ‘DIGITAL YACHT’ – sold recently for $650K on (in?) the Sandbox Game NFT… (It might have been paid for in Bitcoins, I don’t know, or care) …and some “Digital Real Estate” sold for higher dollars than the yacht did; but that is Real Estate, for you. (Can this possibly be non-misinformation? Here I am trying to speak truth to you and I do not understand anything I just wrote.)
And now a word from MATHUZALA, our resident rodent Guest Columnist:
- “It must be hard for you to try to keep up with the fast pace of your lives and the all the changes going on. Just look at the new terms in the posting above; look how difficult it is for you to even speak to one another. We rats have not changed our ways, or language, in thousands of years and we are doing just fine. Come hither, and join us on our path to a better way of doing things.”
Were you to want to know more about MATHUZALA and his movement, go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and buy “THE RAT PAPERS”
NOTES FROM TUSCANY:
- They are taking this Covid situation very seriously over here. To enter and sit down in a cafe, or restaurant, you need carry a ‘Green Pass’ (Proof of two vaccines) with you. Police enter restaurants and check the clients for compliance. If you have no Green Pass on you, you will get a 400 Euro fine and the proprietor will get a fine. From what I am reading, back in the States, I think if this were to happen there would be riots, guns taken to the Capital and maybe the President would be replaced by the previous President. But here it seems to be taken in a quiet stride.
A relevant quote:
- “There are known knowns – there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns – that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know we don’t know.” ~ Donald Rumsfeld, former Secretary of Defense (To get an understanding of the quote above, please refer to the first 4 bullets in this post.)