Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: See here our characters looking into the Gaze-Ball of the Future. Our hero, the Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness, and his true love Mamzelle Pinkie hope to see a long romantic life ahead. Ezmiralda, the Hairy Pig Qween of the Land of Stuffed Animals could not care less about the Future; because she is only interested in herself; Right Now! And Bork, the Angry Purple Slug, likes what he sees, because he thinks he can ruin it for everybody. Come back next week for more action.
- A PREDICTION OF WHAT’S TO COME: A friend sent me a link to one of those sites which can tell you how long you will live. I filled out the form: D.O.B., B.M.I., Height, Weight, no smoking, etc., …and the results came in that I had died five years ago. At first I thought this was discomforting…but then other thoughts came to mind: 1) Am I in the Afterlife? If so, it is not what I had hoped for 2) Is this the Metaverse? I’ve been reading about that and I have not understood it – and if this is it; I understand it less. 3) Or is this the place down below? What? 4) Is this why no agent will take on my latest book? 5) Did I die heroically? I would have liked that. I wrote my friend and told him about the results of the test and he said it had been nice to know me.
- A NOTES FROM THE ROOM OF WONDER “EXTRA”: The Gompertz-Makeham law states “…that the human death rate is the sum of an age-dependent component which increases exponentially with age and an age-independent component. In a protected environment where external causes of death are rare (laboratory conditions, low mortality countries, etc.) the age-independent mortality component is often negligible.” (This is the good news – if your mind is supple enough to understand what was just written; on the other hand, according to this, if you are really old, the chances are you will not die soon – as I apparently have already done.)
This week, we will go straight to the quotes:
- “You can’t live forever off the deeds of Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse. You can’t wear their eagle feathers, freeload off their legends. You have to make your own legends now.” -Mary Crow Dog
- “Predictions are hard, especially about the future.” -Yogi Berra
- “Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” -Sir Winston Churchill…Second Place Exhilaration is to think you are alive, even if you have been written off five years ago.
And two unrelated quotes (but Good Ones I found, while looking up what I posted above:
- “In establishing the Rule of Law, the first five centuries are the hardest.” -Former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown
- “Those who can make you believe Absurdities can make you commit Atrocities.” -Voltaire (Just saying)
And now a few words from MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent and Guest Columnist:
MATHUZALA SPEAKS: “Have you ever thought about the fact that we rats have no wars? We do not fight over money, or anything. Think about that.”
If you want to learn how the rats get along with each other, please go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and buy “THE RAT PAPERS” and learn how to live without fighting over everything.
Notes From Tuscany:
Last night, until eleven or so, some of the locals got together to celebrate somebody’s birthday. (I think this is the explanation I got, but I can’t swear to it because I do not speak the language that well.) Anyway, it was loud and fun and a lot of food and wine was consumed – as you can see by the action in the photo below….and why not dance and carry on; who knows what tomorrow will bring?
Your “Time Out” is over now…get back to it…and a “Hello” to Michael, wherever you are…