Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Welcome to the new Class of 2022 and Beyond! The questions are: Who will teach these little ones? And what will they be taught? Will Ezmiralda, the Hairy pig Qween of the Land of Stuffed Animals pass teaching regulations which say she can be Qween forever and do as she pleases? Or will she delegate teaching to Mortimer, the whatever he is (see behind the Qween) . Mortimer knows nothing about the past and makes everything up as he goes along and will beat the stuffing out of anyone who even mentions the word “Sex” ….whatever that is. Or will the Wise Old Owl be the teacher and share all that he knows? The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Will the students be Educated or Propagandized? Come back next week for more action. (You may never know the answers to the questions above because this week will be the past next week and who knows what the Qween will do in between. )
THINGS I WONDER ABOUT:
- THE PAST: There is a lot in the news lately concerning what should be taught to our ‘Little Ones’ …some topics about man’s behavior which might disturb young minds. Should we discuss: Concentration Camps? Slavery in the U.S., Menstruation, Meat packing slaughter-houses? On and on. On the other hand, I say, should we push the Santa Claus fantasy, only to bring disappointment to our youth if it is proven Santa does not exist? (ed. note: I have no position on the Santa story) If we do not bring up these subjects now; when? I am in the Boomer Generation and I still get irreparably harmed on almost a daily basis when I learn of man’s treatment to his fellow man and other critters. On one hand, I wish ‘they’ would stop telling me what had been happening. On the other, I wish I had known how rough things were, so I could be better prepared for today. But how old is old enough to be able to endure the news of the past? I wonder…but I do not think there should be laws prohibiting the truth of ‘What Was’. And ‘What Was’ can sometimes be only what happened a second ago. If, as the old Greek said “Past is Prologue.”..and if the past were a lie, then the present is a lie as well and then the next thing you know you know anybody could believe anything and you could get a psychotic narcissist for a President. Maybe twice.
- WOMEN IN SCHOOL: I read more than 60% of college students are women. And I have deduced that many women think this is a good thing. But consider this: Studies have shown that educated men tend to become liberal in thought and action. …and if the women take over the educated realm and become the educated class then the lesser educated men will become less liberal in thought and action and will start to don buffalo horns and paint their chests with red stripes and yell through bull-horns and carry AR-15s and put in Anti-abortion laws and such. You think there is trouble in the past? Look into the future.
- WHY DOES JESUS CALL ME A LIAR? I looked it up in ‘The Good book’. A man by the name of John says Jesus said “If any one says that he loves God, while he hates his brother man, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother man whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.”(1 John 4;20) I have been reading the news lately, and in there I find several of my ‘Brother’ fellows who I dislike to the point of hatred. There, I’ve said it. And after the reading of the bad news I went outside and walked into the Tuscan hillside…and I loved God – even though I did not see her. There I’ve said it. Call me what you will.
SMALLER TOPICS TO WONDER ABOUT:
- BTS: Back To School costs have gone from $168 in 2019 to $684 this year. How can this be? (HCB?) I am a college graduate and if I had to pay $684 to go BTS I would have to think twice about it. Of course I’d go BTS; but it does seem Student Debt might be starting earlier than it did years ago. It used to begin in college…now it must begin in first grade for some. HCB?
- LYFT & UBER ADS: I’m told some of these services are taking ads, placing big plastic Wieners and Pizza signs, etc., on top of their vehicles as they drive along. Me? I wonder if, as a paying rider, I can share in the ad revenue while being driven around? Why not? It would help me love my fellow driver even more.
- VITUAL LAND PRICES ARE DOWN: What can I say about this when I do not understand anything about it at all? Maybe I could say I hope they don’t teach about this to our kids…it might ruin their day.
- SPEAKING OF KIDS: Studies show 1/3rd of teens are on Social Media almost constantly. (U-Tube & TikTok – the leaders). Who is controlling these things, to make sure they do not see bad things about our past? OMG!
- METHANE PROBLEM SOLVING: Cattle, it appears are responsible for a lot of our methane problems (Burping and such). The thought is to feed them red seaweed (a mere 10 ounces a day) and their methane emissions would go down 67%. Termites produce even more methane than do the cattle; but we have not yet figured out what to feed them to improve the situation. When the women graduate from bio-med school, this too, will be resolved.
And now a word or two from MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent & Guest Columnist:
- I met Benedict and his Fiancé, the Eloise Impersonator, at the Plaza Hotel. It was during one of our Conventions where we rats motivate ourselves to fight the good fight. Benedict and Eloise were among the few humans in attendance. He was well aware of our cause from the beginning. The fact he could speak our language probably helped. Anyway, as you can see below, Benedict has written his memoir while he is being held in captivity by the Agency. You might find it interesting reading.”
- Ed. Note: Were you to want to know what is going on in front of your very eyes; go to Amazon or Barnes & noble and buy the (not) NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER “THE RAT PAPERS”.
Notes from Tuscany
- I took a walk today in the Tuscan hillside. Here is a bit of what I saw – and some of my negative spirits slipped away. No lie.
A quote, or two, or three:
- “There’s only two things you can start without a plan: a riot and a family, for everything else you need a plan.” -Groucho Marx.
- “You can fool some of the people some of the time and that’s enough to make a decent living.” -W.C. Fields.
- “Golf is a game that needlessly prolongs the lives of some of our most useless citizens.” -Bob Hope…enough said.
That’s all there is time for, for now. A fond “Hello” to Crash & Bogie – wherever you are – and Goodnight Gracie.