Update on Noteflix’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: We are told this recent ‘Black Friday’ resulted in an upsurge in the sales of Stuffed Animals. Stuffed animals purchased by adults, if you can imagine. We want you to know, none of our staff was sold – and will not be – under any circumstances. Everybody is under lock & key and safe as can be.
(a one and 1/2 minute read)
CLEARING OFF OLD NOTES. GETTING READY FOR A NEW START:
- OLD NOTE: Here is one from the ’70’s. It is a list of Wall Street type statements/beliefs, which – at the time – were considered “Business Axioms, Wisdom of ‘The Street’ at the time.. Today, some of them might be considered “Fallacies”…you pick: 1) “Debt is good” 2) “Grow or Die” 3) “Bussing is the way to Desegregate” 4) “War is good for the economy” 5) “The Consumer is ‘The way out'” 6) “There is inherent dignity in work” 7) “A little red wine is good for you” (# 6 depends upon who is doing the work and #7 seems to remain true to this day, except many would strike the words “A little”.
- MOMS: They have found that charging moms a fee for picking up their kids late at pre-school has actually made moms arrive later than before because they found the fee was cheaper than a baby-sitter fee. Is there no end to what moms will do to save a buck?
- OLD NOTE: (Here is a note of mine from the ’80s): “Do you ever wonder why they write all these articles about Health? Things people SHOULD know, such as: ‘Move Your Body’, ‘Eat Vegetables’, ‘Get Enough Sleep’… Is everybody stupid?” Here we are 30 years later and we still need to read these things. …especially the one about the vegetables. Now, I know there are new people who keep coming on the scene; but isn’t there any cumulative knowledge about even the simplest of things?
- FACT: Studies show if you and your partner are on Facebook you have a better chance of getting a divorce than those who are not. 1) The studies do not indicate if the Facebook couples are seeking divorces, in the first place – so, this could be a desired result. 2) the results are not in on the divorce rates of couples who are on Twitter.
- NEW NOTE: I wonder why they do not write articles on how to talk to someone who believes in crazy theories; not just opposite Points of View. I read a lot of articles telling me to come from a position of compassion, peace, understanding, sharing…all that gobbledy-gook, but what if the person asks “What happens when the Windmills use up all the wind? And there isn’t any more wind left? What then?” Or “Now that everybody has a chip in them what is the Socialist Government going to do to us next?” What if that person you are talking to is allowed to own an automatic rifle? OMG!
A word or two from MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist:
MATHUZALA SPEAKS: Benedict, your unknown hero, sits in a maximum security prison cell. We are about to free him and immediately thereafter we will begin our campaign to clean up the environment. We cannot wait for the future to bail us out.
Ed. Note: Were you to want to know how Benedict is going to be freed…and how the world will be improved, thereby – Go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and buy the (non) BEST SELLER “THE RAT PAPERS”
A NOTE FROM TUSCANY:
Today, we had a small ‘Biological Food Market’ in the piazza. At the far end was a man selling roasted chestnuts.
Remember those days?
- “Conviction is a luxury of those on the sidelines.” – John Nash (A Beautiful Mind)
That’s it from here this week…and a fond “Hello” to Daisy, wherever you are…