Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Here we show a dream sequence where our Hero, the Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness, is lost in the Dark Pineapple Laboratory and can’t find his way out. Who can he trust? Bork, the angry purple slug? Or the strange creature in the shadows? Can you trust anyone in your dreams? Come back next week and hope we return to reality.
Germinations (Maybe only ‘Germs’) of Thoughts:
- Aristotle had the idea that to reach ‘Perfect Being’ (or, your ‘Personal Best’) you had to work your Physical, Spiritual and Intellectual life – daily – and in equal balance (aka ‘The Aristotelean Triangle’). But, I disagree, mes Amis. You develop that Triangle and you are only beginning your work. You have to take all you have learned and give it back. You have to develop your Social Interactive life, your compassion for the Earth and the Animals and a couple of other things I can’t think of right now. Aristotle was among the super rich of his day. He was the teacher of the kid who who eventually became Alexander the Great – and you know how that turned out. He had slaves. (I know, I know, everybody had slaves in those days – except the slaves.) and then he tells me how to ‘Be Best’? Why do I pick on Aristotle today? Because it is safe to do so and most of my distractors do not even know who he is or was.
- I am having this thought: We have a room full of human like creatures who are born without eyes. Their teacher holds up two balls in front of the classroom and says she is holding two balls and they weigh the same and measure the same “…so they are the same” says the teacher. But one of the kids in the room does have eyes and he sees the balls are of different colors (one is red and the other green) and he is confused. He thinks the two balls are not the same – though he does not know green from red and he questions his teacher and says something is not quite right. The teacher thinks him a little slow – eventually the kid is held back a year. My point is; Enlightenment does not always work to your advantage.
- Economic Report: I read 67% of workers in America do not have $400 to pay for an emergency. 74 % of families are living paycheck to paycheck. People are buying hens to put in their backyards in hopes of getting eggs cheaper than they are in the stores. Jamie Dimon, the head of JP Morgan said (last week), regarding the Economy; “…the Balance Sheets are in good shape.” And the markets go wild with the return of the Bull.
And now a few words from MATHUZALA our Resident Rodent guest Columnist:
“I have just returned from my quarterly sojourn into the Cloud. There are many more pieces of data up there then there are facts and to some this could be confusing and could lead the way to misunderstandings and even give birth to Conspiracy Theories. Therefor, I am directing my teams to nibble away at the Cloud servers in our nation. We will restore the servers to working condition, once you humans manage to put only truthful data up there.
If this seems like a threat to you – you should see what else MATHUZALA and his cohorts plan to do in the near future. Go to Amazon or Barnes &Noble and buy “THE RAT PAPERS” and get your head out of the cloud.
NOTES FAR FROM TUSCANY:
Below are some pictures of the coffees available at the local grocery store, here in Florida.
You are looking at only 1/2 of the coffees available in this store. This row goes on and on… We are in the ‘Land of Plenty’, even though it is all plenty expensive. I have not yet been able to find a coffee as good as the one I had in Greve in Chianti the other day. See below
- “If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said.” – Alan Greenspan Speaking to a Senate Committee in 1987.
- “If you follow me, you misunderstand me.” -Buddha, somewhere between 6th & 4th Century B.C.
- “They misunderestimated me.” -George W. Bush, 2000
That’s it from here for the week, and a fond “Hello” to Stan & Glenda…Wherever you are.