Update on Noteflix’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: See the photos above. Is the one on the right a Nightmare? Is the one on the left a Daymare? Are dreams ever in color? Or are they always in Black & White, like in the movies? And what is that Gnome doing in the Daymare? Is he looking in? Or looking out? He should appear only in dreams. And why are there so many pineapple jars? And what is a pineapple jar in the first place? Everything seems confusing. Come back next week for clarity on these issues.
- I WONDER if Alexander Graham Bell came back…could he work the iPhone today or the Android, or Chatbot, or the ChatbotGPT3GPT thing? I mean all this is his fault…I also wonder if you are a genius in one Age…does that work for you in another?
- ROBLOX has collected a total of 65,000,000 hits, or ‘uses’, as of yesterday. Do you know if Roblox is: 1) A food delivery service 2) An AI machine that vacuums your house 3) A self-driving car 4) An online dating service 5) A video game you can buy just about anywhere 6) A bitcoin exchange 7) A green veggie drink that cleans your digestive colon and helps you lose weight – fast! (correct answer at bottom of post)
- I WONDER which is more scary to our nation’s children: 1) Teaching them about what we did to the American Indians and how we prospered in the world of slavery, or 2) Teaching them how to hit the ground when they see a shooter come into their classroom. Me? I think it is a tie…I also wonder if a kid in Florida asks if guns kill people, or if people kill people and the teacher tries to answer that question – would the teacher be fired?
- PAPER CLIPS There has been a lot of talk lately about the surging reality of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and its taking over of: jobs, thinking, regulating human behavior and things like that. Suddenly, the Reiman Hypothesis (of the early 2000’s) comes to mind: This is where a giant computer could be given the instructions to build Super Computers to help achieve its goal, which is to produce as many paper clips as possible, and if not having been instructed to care about human life, the AI program could eventually take all of Earth’s resources to meet its final goal. And everything on earth would become paper clips. This is scary, is it not? As a matter of fact, I am right now looking at two paper clips on my desk, which just appeared out of nowhere.
- TRUST: We do not trust each other. We: lock our home doors. Some of us have gates, which we lock, outside our locked houses. We put up signs saying we have cameras on our houses. We lock our cars. We lock our desks. We lock our phones with Identiy secrets and we do the same with our computers. We have secret passwords and identities so no one can get our stuff. Private security companies abound. Every community has a police force, part of whose job it is, is to protect us from other people. Once one of us becomes a great success, we tend to get a personal bodyguard, or two. Years ago when Horace Greeley was asked where he would go to make his way in life, he responded “Go West, young man!” Today my advice would be “Get in the Security Business, young man”.
Here is where we usually print our article from MATHUZALA our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist; but today, as you can see below, MATHUZALA is out on the New York City streets, surveying the situation and making plans for his pack.
Were you to want to know exactly what MATHUZALA and his pack are up to, go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and purchase the (non) Best-Seller “THE RAT PAPERS” (While supplies last!) and learn where you fit in, in all this..
Notes not from Tuscany.
This is what is going on in Venice this week.
- “Washington is not a place to live in. The rents are high, the food is bad, the dust is disgusting and the morals are deplorable. Go West, young man, go West and grow up with the country.” – Horace Greeley – the full quote
- “Stop them damn pictures! I don’t care what the papers write about me. My constituents can’t read. But, damn it, they can see the pictures!” -Trum…no, no, …make that -Boss Tweed, late 1800s…Politically corrupt politician …scammed New York City out of over $40,000,000 – back when that was a lot of money.
Thank you for your time, this time…and a fond “Hello” to Morgan & Chris…We know where you are.
#5 is the answer.