Due to our sympathy for the Writer’s Strike, we have no update on our production of “Troubles in the Garden”. All we can do is show you a picture of nothing happening. Just plants growing late in the season. Vines slowly turning odd colors. Maybe, if you squint you could imagine a grape, or two, possibly waiting to be harvested for your pleasure.
- There is more news than there is room to fit half of it in the print. And the same is true about trying to fit it on the TV and the various Internet platforms. So, how can you keep up? Me? I don’t think one can. And what are you going to do about whatever it is you know about? But just because you can’t do anything about whatever it is, does that mean you should not try to be aware? What? Maybe the AI Robots can take it all in…and maybe they will tell us what is important…and maybe that will be a new problem not half solved. … On the lighter side:
- Last week I read that 3% of U.S. workers dress up for the occasion. Then I saw that the U.S. Senate threw out the dress code and I imagine the number will deteriorate further. ‘Casual Friday’ started it all in the late 80’s and I guess that was a slippery slope that no one could foresee at the time….
- Then I read that 1/2 of Americans eat 3 snacks a day…the report did not say how many snacks the other half eats.
- A report shows that watching a Beaver eat cabbage can reduce stress by 17%. Is this: 1) ‘News’ worthy? 2) Qanon looking for a story? 3) Something planted to take my mind off what is really happening out There?
- I read someone is currently hacking – for Ransomware – the Casinos in Vegas. $450 million has been paid to the hackers so far. I think this is good news because no hacker is going to hack me when they can hack the Casinos for ‘Large’ payments. I’ll bet if the Mob in Vegas hadn’t sold out to the big Corporations – they would not have paid one thin dime to the hackers.
- One report I read said that “…more than 1 in 5 U.S. adults have started, or tried to start, their own business in the past 3 1/2 years. The article suggested this figure is influenced by the upward swing in ‘Job Loss’ numbers. This number is exceeded by the Saudis and the Emirites. So, you do not want to go to those places – unless you have a good idea for a sandwich shop…people, everywhere, like to eat and that might be a good idea.
This is where we usually post comments from MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist – and then try to Hype our Book “THE RAT PAPERS” to help our readers understand the answer to the question “What’s Going on?” But MATHUZALA has gone rogue and the NYC Rat Czar is trying to hunt him down. We fear for his safety …and we fear the book we are trying to hype may be banned in Florida, Texas, Russia, and North Korea. So, if you are concerned your information might be hacked by any of these evil forces – do not buy the book online.
Quotes and info:
- The word NEWS was originally an acronym: North, East, West & South. Back in the day, an image of a compass appeared in the upper right corner of a journal with the letters pointed out. So, now you know. -cem
- “There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” –
That’s all the NEWS that fits this Blog this week…and a fond “Hello” to all the People of Greve.