No update on our production of “Troubles in the Garden” due to some of our cast members having gone on strike. We will hold out against their demands for as long as we can !!!
- I read where the Inca’s, who had one of the world’s largest empires, had no currency. No money, no coin of the realm. Everything was exchanged by a form of barter. So. Today I have read where some restaurants will not accept cash. Some won’t take credit cards. Some will take it all, even Crypto – whatever that is, or are. But no fooderie takes barter – as of yet. And I wonder if the Inca of old would be as confused with our trading methods as I am by theirs. (or ours) A new golf course in the Miami area has a million dollar fee to be able to join and play. Tom Brady’s last game Jersey might fetch $2.5 million at auction. How could things like that have occurred in the Inca system? What could you barter that was worth $2.5 for a Long sleeved t-shirt? And how could you carry it home? Some changes are for the better, after all.
- I read where educated Chinese women (in a ‘Brain Drain’ article) don’t want to move to the U.S. because they do not think women in the U.S. have equal rights to men. Also, they do not like our lack of gun regulations. Does this mean: 1) We are only going to get the uneducated Chinese women? 2) That the educated Chinese women think guns hurt people? 3) That the educated Chinese women don’t know about all the freedoms and opportunities there are in the U.S. like the Venezuelan women do, educated or otherwise? What do the educated American women think about all this? and is this why their are so many of them moving to Norway?
- I have read “Sleep Deprivation” can make you act more selfish than if you had enough sleep. Do you think a study would show that the “Sleep Deprived” would tend to be politically Conservative and the “Overly Slept” would tend to be more Liberal in their ways? More studies on this need be done.
Have you seen this Rat? This is a police mug shot of MATHUZALA, our Resident Rodent Guest Columnist who has gone missing now for several months. MATHUZALA and his plan for Civilization is much discussed in the book depicted below. As a result of lab experiments done on him, he is the most intelligent creature on earth. It is said, somehow, he has managed to alter the brain chemistry of some of our nation’s Billionaires – which might explain why they are behaving so strangely. Will MATHUZALA, through the Billionaires, control segments of our Space industry? Car industry? Social Media platforms? If we are ever told, only time will tell.
Years ago, this book “THE RAT PAPERS” was considered prescient. “…before its time” they said. Today, it is “right on time”. Buy your copies now – before it is “too late”! (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, wherever (non) Best Selling books are sold.)
A quote or three:
- “…And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, …
And you may ask yourself, “Well, how did I get here? …Same as it ever was, Same as it ever was.” -Talking Heads, “Once in a lifetime”
- “Dogs have no money. Isn’t that amazing? They’re broke their entire lives. But they get through. You know why dogs have no money? .. No Pockets.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “I don’t like money, actually, but it quiets my nerves.” ~Joe Louis
That’s it for now…and a fond “Hello” to the poet Raja…wherever you may be…