Update to NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”. We are excited to be back in business, now that the strike is over. Above is a teaser from our working Story-Board pertaining to the first Episode of our new season which will start sometime early next year. Watch this space for more information.
SOME THINGS I THINK I”VE LEARNED
- People like to eat. If you are having trouble coming up with an idea for a business: Start an eatery. You don’t even have to speak the language of the people where you serve the food. Maybe that is even better if you don’t speak the local patois. People like to hear foreign accents when they get their food.
- A lot of people do not want their offspring to do for a living what they did for a living. This is true from truck drivers to lawyers to money managers to common housewives. But the big exception is: Dictators. Dictators love their job and they seem to like it when their children follow in their footsteps. As for the children of Dictators, often, they want to be just like daddy. This seen in the Philippines, North Korea, some South American countries…might be true in the U.S. as well, We’ll see.
- The first thing you lose, is not your legs. Willie Pep, the former boxing Great, said upon ending his career: “The first thing you lose is your legs …then your money..and then your friends.” What I’ve found is, if you do not box for a living, the first thing you lose is your ability to hold your stomach in. Then things happen to your eyes and pictures of your face no longer look as good as they used to…and the money , if you have any, does not buy you the all the friends it used to….but at least you did not get hit in the face for a living..
- If you do not want to start a restaurant for a living, try charging rent for properties you own. ‘Rent’ is what a landlord charges and the ‘hoity Toitie’ name for him is “Rentier”. And the Rentier makes money by controlling existing resources – as opposed to creating new wealth through labor or investment. Rentiers are equal in number to 1/4th of the top 1%ers in the U.S.
- Progress can be likened unto a one step forward, a one step back, and then a sidestep dance, of sorts. Before WW11 there was Roy the Riveter. Than came Rosie the Riveter. Then it went back to Roy the Riveter….now it has gone to Robot the Riveter. This may be the last dance.
The photo (Above) is of one of the main characters, MATHUZALA, in the (NON) Best Seller “THE RAT PAPERS” (Shown below). If you are tired of knowing what is going on in the world; but at the same time want to know what to do about it…buy this book now! (Amazon or Barnes & noble)
A quote, or so:
- “In a restaurant, choose a table near a waiter.” -Jewish proverb
- “Never eat at a place called ‘Moms’, but if the only other place in town has a sign that says ‘Eats’, go back to Moms.” -W. C. Fields (1920s)
- Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal. -Albert Einstein
- “A Lie told often enough becomes the Truth.” -Lenin
That’s it for this week…and a fond “Hello” to Ingrid, wherever you are.