An update, of sorts, on Noteflix’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: We could not move forward on our series because Mortimer (pictured above) ate the script. All you had to do was look at his face and know he was the one capable of doing such a stupid and bad thing. His defenders claim Mortimer ate the script in solidarity with the Actors & Writers strike. “Hogwash”, we say: Mortimer ate the script because he is a bad actor – and nothing more. The activities of some members of our cast are so costly, we may not be able to produce the show, altogether. Watch this space for more.
- I saw a study where they said ‘Real Innovative’ patents have gone down in number since the 1950’s. I don’t know about you; but I can barely take in anything else that is new. According to this study, ‘Packet Switching’ (Which includes ‘Knowbots’, FYI.) was the last truly influential invention of our times. What is that? 1) Do not reply to this question in our ‘Comment’ section. 2) What about Netflix? That’s new and influential; isn’t it? 3) Another study says the current wave of inventions is applying itself to the Artificial Intelligence field. So, we won’t have to couple any of our ‘real’ Intelligence to any of that; thank the Good Lord, or whoever is in charge of all this.
- Speaking of Studies, I have not come across any studies, of recent, which delve into the art of Studying Faces. Me? I take a coffee, or two, every morning at various cafes while looking keenly at people’s faces. And I draw many conclusions. But first, you should know – I looked it up – Aristotle is considered the Father of Physiognomy (the Study of Faces) and he was no slouch. Then came Polerno of Laedice a couple hundred years later. Pythagorus accepted or rejected students depending on how ‘gifted’ they looked. The Studying faces had a resurgence in the 18th Century. I’d like to bring it back. I am good at looking at a person’s face and telling whether He or She had too much: Ice cream, Booze, Cigarettes, Bacon Cheese burgers – and such. I can tell by looking at him or her if He or She was out too late last night, or just rolled out of bed for a pastry. I think I’m good at telling whether a person is: Lying, a bully, or stupid beyond compare. Oddly, it is hard to tell with any accuracy, whether a person is rich or not. Some people want other people to think they are rich, even though they have zero dollars in the bank and some of the rich people don’t want other people to know they have any money to speak of – so all that goes into odd contortions on their faces while I am sipping on my coffee. More on this in forthcoming posts, perhaps.
- Today’s world is full of terrifying news and facts. Here are some pieces of information, with numbers, which you may not know about; but which could add to your list of concerns: *The Earth travels at 93,000 miles in 5 seconds. *You can only blink 25 times in 5 seconds. *Studies are beginning to show the “3 Second Rule’ (regarding when it is still safe to pick up – and eat – food that has fallen off your plate and onto the floor)…should be changed to the ” Zero Second Rule” *If a bunch of kids blow out the candles on a birthday cake, they spread – on average – over 25,000 germs on the cake. “Let them eat cake”, I say, but risking being a killjoy: “Stop it with the needless releasing of Bioaerosols into our children’s parties.” It is a bad time for children because now they should not read once popular books at an early age (up to 16, I think it is in some States) and it is dangerous to go to birthday parties without a food guardian.
And now a few words from our Resident Rodent & Guest Columnist MATHUZALA
- While I was away for the past few months, I see you humans have not stopped any of your military invasions to your fellow man, in fact you have started a few more. We rats do not invade our fellow rat’s territories, nor do we inflict harm upon one another. When I am in charge of you human beings things will be much more peaceful…Also, I will keep most of your governments running – even though there will be no money any more for you humans to fight each other over…but that is a subject for another time.
Buy copies of this (NON) BestSelling book now; before it is banned by the Anti-woke crowd. (Wherever books and everything else is sold.)
A quote, or four:
- “The US patent system adds the fuel of interest to the fire of genius in the discovery and production of new and useful things.” -Abraham Lincoln. ( I read the man who ran the U.S. Patent Office during President Grant’s administration quit because “There was nothing more to invent.”)
- “Faces can lie. Backsides can’t” – Yoko Ono
- “Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.” -Mark Twain
- “How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again!” -Twain, again
Thank you for your time, this time, until next time…and a fond “Hello” to Lady SkyBird wherever you are.