Episode #66 of Season 1 of NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”: Now that Jack the Rich , evil Prince and his gang have been rousted and sent back to you know where by Big Sis aka Suzy-Q (See last week’s update) …our loving couple The Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness and Mamzelle Pinkie can relax over a nice morning snack & coffee and read the news. Of course, they can’t read in Italian – as they cannot even read – they are stuffed animals after-all; but they can understand the pictures and they are quite alarmed over what is going on in the Land of Humans and Other Dangerous Creatures. What with free time on their wings, the two have decided to indulge themselves later in the day by seeking spiritual/wisdom counsel.(Do not snicker over their not being able to read. These creatures have been tweeting long before the iPhone was invented – so ,they are ahead of us in many ways.) See below for More.
WHERE WISE MEN FEAR TO TREAD…(Looking back on my past few postings I found I have not shared any wonderings concerning the Spiritual realm. Alert! Some of the below may be irreverent to some…and if you are hardbound in your religious ways, you might want to skip my writings below and go straight to the picture at the bottom. Please note: Though NOTEFLIX’s producers allude to the fact that Stuffed Animals have curative powers, they do not mean to be offensive to any living God.
- With time on my hands lately, I have been able to revisit some old scriptural readings…and I have been reminded that “…the proliferation of Chutzpah…is a sign of the birth pangs of the Messiah”…and the coming of the “End Times”. (Chutzpah can include: Audacity, Gumption, and Impudence in its meaning). Next, turning to words from the Prophet, I am reminded:…”When trust is lost and the ignorant become your leaders – prepare for the hour!” Later, Jefferson wrote: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.” “Enough!” I said to myself, “I’ll go back to reading the NEWS”; but just before I put down my lofty readings for the week I read a quote from (the late) Billy Graham’s wife, Ruth: “If God doesn’t punish America, he’ll have to apologize to Sodom & Gomorrah.
- Then, in the NEWS, I read most American Christians believe poverty is the result of individual failings. “Enough!” I said to myself again.
- MANKIND: I wonder how the word ‘KIND’ got attached to the word ‘MAN’. Seems like FAKE PR to me.
- I have been questioning the idea that man is made in the image of God. Something must have been lost in the translation. Looking at man and saying that is what God looks like must be so offensive to any almighty power – that Jefferson’s trembling might be child’s play.
- I read there are some asteroids (called Carbonaceous Chondrites) which are heading our way…these big stones hold within them Amino Acids – aka the Building Blocks of life…you could say the Universe is sending out new life all over space, like Pollack painted pictures – anyway, if we destroy one of these asteroids before we have been visited by it – are we committing a form of murder? So much to think about these days.
- NON-CONFESSORS: (…people who state they have no religion) I have a note here (dated before the COVED19 era) which says 34 million Americans claim no religious belief. More than 1/3 of Millennials decline to claim a religion on forms. This explains either a lot, or nothing. History is replete with horrors driven by religious powers. Maybe, the NON-CONFESSORS will do better.
- And then there is ANTHROPICS: ….a new word covering a study out of England which shows: “…life would be impossible (God notwithstanding) if certain constants of nature – numbers denoting the relative strengths of fundamental forces of elementary particles – had values much different than the ones they have.”…About this I have two things to say: 1) What the hell is going on in England? and 2) If you don’t believe in a religion and you cannot understand Science; where can you turn?
- I have been thinking about prayer a lot lately – and I would be interested in studies which show how many people pray and for what. My bet is, the overall ask is for “More”. More money, More good health, More time, etc. I’ll bet praying for “Forgiveness” comes way after “More” – maybe it’s just my mood. If future historians could look back on the stats of the contents of Americans’ prayers in these troubled times, I think they would be amazed at what we prayed for.
- I read 35% of us are obese. I know when I am overweight, I pray I will not eat so much tomorrow. (…because I had so much “More” today.) Sometimes, I even ask for a little Forgiveness on my recorded weight, hoping the scales will absolve me of my over-indulging behavior.) What a world – with billions starving and over a hundred million Americans praying not to eat so much.
Enough of this, no more for now – but first a few one liners for your reading pleasure:
- “We have just enough religion to make us hate; but not enough to make us love one another.’ -Jonathan Swift.
- “More Soup, Please, sir” -Dickens “Oliver Twist”…who also wrote in “Pickwick’s Papers” …’It’s always best on these occasions to do what the mob do.’ ‘But suppose there are two mobs?’ suggested Mr. Snodgrass. ‘Shout with the largest,’ replied Mr. Pickwick.
- “Some people can come back as a stuffed animal. A stuffed animal of their choice.’ -Stated belief of a NOTEFLIX production scriptwriter.
May the wind be at your back,
#66 cont’d. (…And so, NOTEFLIX has set up another ‘Tableau Stuffant’ for our reader/viewers): Our Hero & Heroine have repaired to den of Mathuzala, the Wisest of all Stuffed Animals and wiser than any Human, also. Mathuzala is advising them to keep wearing masks – even though stuffed animals don’t get the virus – they could pass it on…and then the humans could blame them and all ‘you know what’ could break loose. The second thing Mathuzala tells them is they should keep watching the NEWS, (even though they cannot read – and they cannot do anything about it if they could). Mathuzala tells them he will explain why the NEWS – as questionable as it is – is vitally important to them; in a later Episode. (Return next week for MORE)