Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”. While our production is on halt due to turmoil caused by the election of the TEDDIES. (See below for more on this.) Our loving couple (The Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness and Mamzelle Pinkie) have repaired to the News stand to see if they can get a better understanding of what is going on. Bork, the Angry, fierce Purple Slug, has tagged along – uninvited. Of course, Stuffed Animals cannot read printed news, but that is beside the point – since they can read the Human’s facial reactions to the headlines. The Bluebird and Mamzelle sense the Humans see BAD NEWS. Bork sees it differently, for what is BAD NEWS for some, is GOOD NEWS for him.
AND NOW THIS:
- NEWS: I’ll bet a lot of readers do not know where the word “NEWS“comes from. ‘Back in the Day’ there was a paper which was distributed – I think it was in our North East…and this paper had a logo on the upper right corner. It was a drawing of a compass – and on the compass were the letters N (For North), E (For East), W (For West), and S (For South). …And the logo became a word. There you have it.
- BAD NEWS: BAD NEWS sells – and that is a truth. I have read FALSE NEWS is selling well these days, in the North, East, West and South. NO NEWS is BAD NEWS, although sometimes it is a relief to have NO NEWS at all; even though when there is NO NEWS it usually means BAD NEWS things are happening – but those things are simply not in the NEWS. GOOD NEWS is not often reported on the front page; it is rare and often of little interest to the readers who really are looking for BAD NEWS. Watch this site for BREAKING NEWS.
- OXYMORONS: Here are some couplings of words I have read in the NEWS recently which I think are OXYMORONICAL: 1) “…Honor Killings” (BAD NEWS) 2) “…High Class Strip Joints” (BAD NEWS, or GOOD NEWS, depending upon one’s cultural achievement) 3) “Military Intelligence” (A Classic example of an OXYMORON) 4) “Electoral College Democracy” (FALSE NEWS and or BAD NEWS, depending upon your political bet) 5) …”Dignity of work…” (FALSE NEWS or GOOD NEWS – depending upon whether you are working for ‘The Man’, or working for good pay, or working at what you want to do – but then that is not work, it is only Dignity.
- There is over a ton of Plastic in the Oceans for every man, woman and child on this earth. If someone would clean up this plastic mess – I would call that “Dignity of Work” and remove that phrase from the OXYMORONIC list.
- Here is an old note which says we (Americans) owe the Chinese $4,000 – each one of us. This is determined by adding up all US Government Bonds which the Chinese own and dividing by the number of Americans. The $4,000 figure is two years old – so, it could be less or more. To my knowledge the Government has not published new numbers recently. This could be an example of NO NEWS and you know what good NO NEWS is.
- I am told there is a new indicator to tell us if we are in a recession: Watch the ads for people selling their dogs. If those numbers go up – we are in a recession. I can’t find those numbers right now. Maybe this is NO NEWS.
- I have a question – and then I’ll end my section of this post: How come with all our advances: machines, computers, pulleys and hoists, social media devices, etcetera – how come we have to work as hard as ever to get (and keep) what we need? Dignity of Work is not what it is cracked up to be.
…and now a short piece from our guest Columnist, Mathuzala,
- “So much information, so little knowledge.” (-Excerpted from the soon to be published “THE RAT PAPERS” – watch this space for details.)
- I was going to predict there will come a time when your rich will tax everybody else; but that is already happening. And when you find this out it might be too late to do anything about it.”
- “Your Big Corporations have made you want things you do not need – and now you have things you do not want or need and you are dumping it all in the Oceans. …and WE do not want that.”
We will end MATHUZALA’s column here. He seems to be in a foul mood. It must have been some thing he ate.
A few remarks from those who have been here before us:
- “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Our Country, Right or Wrong.” – Stephan Decatur
- “Patriotism varies, from a noble devotion to a moral lunacy” – William R. Inge
Take care out there,
ANNOUNCEMENT!: The TEDDIES will be delayed due to problems collecting and counting the Votes! More fans – than ever – have cast their ballots for their favorites; but we are not sure which votes are from true fans, or from disrupting malcontents (such as is Bork, the angry Purple Slug situated under the bears hind left paw). Are the votes rigged? We do not know. We hope to be back next week with accurate results – if the true numbers are not available, we will go to the Courts, which could be BAD NEWS.