Update on NOTEFLIX’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”:
Look at the (Stuffed) birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather. But The Multicolored Bluebird of Happiness and Mamzelle Pinkie still get to enjoy the good life. Shouldn’t you, as well? Happy Valentine’s Day.
SHARDS: (Clearing off some Notes which do not seem to fit anywhere else)
- FLYING SQUIRRELS do not fly. They glide, 3 feet horizontally to 1 foot vertically. They have flaps under their arms called ‘Patagium’, which enables them to do this. But then you knew that. Maybe you did not know dinosaurs did not fly either. They glided. And then they turned into birds. Along the way the dinosaurs lost two fingers and became three fingered and then they became extinct. No wonder the Fundamentalists have a hard time with this scientific stuff.
- SCIENTISTS say 340 pounds of rocks – so far – have been discovered that came from Mars. Apparently, these rocks are from Martian meteorites which flaked off Mars from an asteroid collision millions of years ago. How come I was not told about this sooner?
- MORE FROM THE SCIENTISTS: “Bergman’s Rule”: Mammals of a given species, or genus, are smaller in hotter climates. In the Hottest Age known to Scientists, the horse was 12 inches high and weighed 8 1/2 pounds. Things aren’t so bad yet. Our Power companies can relax for now.
- PERSONAL THOUGHT: The Chemists, the Quantum Physicists, the IT guys and their ilk, have taken the mystery out of many things: There are no more Monsters in the Lock, No Ghosts in the Hall, no Witches left to burn. But, for all the myths and ignorance “They” have debunked, “They” still have not told us “WHY” anything has happened. “They” have not yet managed to take away the “Wonder” of it all – yet.
- MORE CHEESE, PLEASE: Two years ago I read we (every American, man woman and child of us) have to eat 3 pounds more of cheese than we ate the previous year (which was 36 pounds – eaten by every man woman and child) in order to get rid of our ‘Cheese Glut’. This story has something to do with: Subsidies. I have been searching the ‘Googler’ (sic?) to find out how we have done with our cheese eating and have not found ONE article written on the subject during the past two years. Is the Government hiding something from us? Is the lying Media in on the take? Is there cheese in our vaccines? That’s it. Wait until the Truckers in Canada hear about this!
- OVERHEARD: I was sitting in a cafe the other day and I overheard an old man say to his companion “I have seen the other side and it is not what you suppose…” I hate hearing only tidbits and never getting the whole story. He could have been talking about a football team’s work-out, or the back of a famous painting, or he could have come back from you know where…Then again, he spoke in a foreign language and I may have misunderstood the whole thing.
- A STUDY SHOWS: Happiness can be bad for you, too much of it and you can be deprived of Ambition. Longitudinal studies show cheery graduates earn less over a lifetime than do unhappy graduates. But what about me? I graduated at the bottom of my class and I was not happy about that – and it has not paid off, yet.
- ANOTHER STUDY shows a nicotine patch on men age 76 and older, results in slight improvement in long term & short term memory, and improvement in mood. Wait until they see what a Marijuana patch does to these guys; they’ll be reciting Dante and dancing Tango into the wee hours of the night..
- GOOD NEWS: I read the other day where it said we no longer have to drink 8 glasses of water a day. We are to “Follow our Thirst”. Thank The Good Lord that is settled, what with water becoming so expensive – not to mention the supply problems. (Eight, 8 ounce glasses a day times 9 billion people times 365 1/4 days a year – you do the math.) Follow Your Thirst: Problem Solved.
- TV’D: I read that on Russian TV when the News is about to go the wrong way for the Government, they cut in with a clip of “Swan Lake”, a Russian favorite. The process is called “Being Swan Laked”. I think in America when the News is going the wrong way, they break in with “FOX ‘s version of the news…this process is called “Being FOXED”.
- THE PITCH: I had this idea for a movie. Here is THE PITCH: Scientists have discovered Earth was created as a penal colony – a penal colony for the criminally insane, as well as for lessor felons. Of course there were a few ‘innocents’ sent here by mistake; no judicial system being perfect. We can add a love story and a car chase to attract a younger audience.
Now a word from MATHUZALA, our Rodent Guest Columnist:
“I am so dumbfounded by the behavior of Humans – that I do not know what to say. It is best I keep my own counsel and sit quietly, until I can be of help. “
If you want to know more about MATHUZALA and how the Rats behave amongst themselves, please go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble and buy “THE RAT PAPERS” and learn about the Power of the Rat.
NOTES FROM TUSCANY:
So, let us talk about important things: Desserts. Pastries & Such. Over here, they eat their desserts seasonally. At this time of year, you have Frittelle (see photo #1) which are Little sweetened fried balls of rice and wheat – covered in various sugars. Cenci (photo #2) Little twisted pieces of pastry covered with powdered sugar. Schiacciata Fiorentina (#3) which is a cake filled with a layer of a cream then sprinkled with powdered sugar. Someone took a slice out of the Schiacciata before we could get a picture of the whole thing. Of course there are lots of Chocolates and pastry puffs filled with creams of all sorts that you do not need to see pictures of. One does not have Gelato, or Ice creams in the winter. Duh. One eats according to some rules.
#3) Schiacciata Fiorentina
A quote, or two:
- “The mathematical odds against you to have been born are so great – it is reasonable to deduct you do not exist. It is also as reasonable to deduct you were as likely to have been born again.” -Paraphrased from the works of A. Einstein. (What is that music I hear in the background? Swan Lake?
- “It is as clear as mud; but it covers the ground”. -Harry Belafonte, line from “Calypso” Album
That’s all there is for now…and a “Hello” to Stan and Mike, wherever you are…