There is no Update on Noteflix’s production of “Troubles in the Garden”, for the Writer’s Strike Continues. However, the Good News: We have spotted our leading Lady, Mamzelle Pinkie, at her ease – hiding in beauty, away from the hubbub of it all. But the Bad News regards MATHUZALA, our Rodent Resident Guest Columnist: He is still missing and we fear the worst. Members of the Scientific Cabal, who have experimented on him in the past, have stonewalled our requests for information…. Come back next week for more.
SHORTS & SWEETS:
- There is a diet pill (Ozempic) taking over the news. More coverage than: “Intermittent Fasting”, Prigozhin’s whereabouts, changes on the “Wheel of Fortune” and and even Hunter Biden’s laptop.
- COFFEE is not dehydrating. So says a report on NPR. That is my kind of news. Don’t tell me things aren’t getting better. There was a time when we could not eat: Eggs, Chocolate, Butter…all that is good for us now. I can’t wait until these Forever Chemicals in my body turn into goodness.
- Two handed economy On the one hand, it was noticed that over $500 billion worth of stolen goods were sold on-line last year. On the other hand, Cruise Ship bookings are oversold for the next 12 months. Does this mean what we save on retail we spend on pleasure?
- A poll says Americans say they need $2.2 million to be wealthy. Another poll says Americans think they need $1.3 million to retire comfortably. What? How can they be comfortable if they are not wealthy? We need more polls on this.
- There are 62,000 Starbucks in China My question is: What happens if China goes rogue? (i.e invades Taiwan, Steals our Tech secrets, etc.) How will Starbucks get out with dignity, like all our corporations got out of Russia?
- The kid who chipped his initials in the Roman Colosseum the other day – in his defense – said he did not know the building was so old…and he is sorry to have done it. What did he think? How old does a building have to be before you can’t chip your initials into it? The only good news I can take from this story is that the vandal was not an American. He is a Brit. Ever since Brexit many of them have lost their way.
ADS sent to me this past week, in which the ‘Algos’ think I must be interested. Wrong…
- “Can I retire with 2,5 million at 65?”
- “7 ways to retire on $500,000”
- “Secret Energy Grid to make Billions. Buy this stock after you read our report”
- “20 secret words to manifest your destiny.”
- “7 myths when choosing your financial Advisor”
- “A liquid piston is coming on the market. Buy this stock at $10 a share.”
- “Make $200 a day watching ads on-line”
- “Make $300 a day sitting at home watching your screen”
- “The Dollar is going to crash. Buy the report and we’ll tell you when and what to do”
- “I have a list of 180 banks which are going to fail…(some by 7/12/23)…is your money in one of them?”
In most cases, if I had wanted more information than the headline gave, I could hit the Paywall for only $99. My take on the above is we have returned to the Age of Hucksterism & “Come One, Come All” Barnum & Bailey. It used to be we had people selling ointments from their wagons. Ointments that could cure ‘What ails you”. The FDA, FTC, SEC and other institutions were created to handle these problems – but now? I hope the “Algos” read this posting and send me different opportunities.
WANTED: Information pertaining to the whereabouts of this rat, MATHUZALA, our missing rodent Resident guest Columnist.
Note From Tuscany
The Americans have arrived to our little Piazza. We also have Germans, Dutch, French, The Brits…but I am pleased to say the Locals seem to enjoy the Americans the most. They are a polite, smiling and often laughing people…having a great time of it. We seem to be a better people in real life than we are in the news these days.
- “Can’t someone bring me a one handed Economist?” -Harry Truman, 1936…complainng about the Republican Party’s ’embracing of two stances concerning soil conservation that were contradictory.
- “No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office.” -George Bernard Shaw
- “The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it.” -Jackie Gleason
- “When falls the Colosseum, Rome shall fall; and when Rome falls…the World shall fall.” -Lord Byron
That’s it for this week and a fond “Hello” to Clynes, wherever you are